The Winners of This Year’s “Fasties” (The Fast Food Awards)
The website Thrillist.com has released the results of their third annual “Fasties” a.k.a. the FAST FOOD awards. It’s their, quote
“completely serious celebration of the greatest foods served in grease-stained paper bags.”
There are 15 categories, here are the Top Three finishers in each:
1. The Best Breakfast: Wendy’s. Runners-up: Chick-fil-A . . . then McDonald’s.
2. The Best Coffees: Culver’s Blue Spoon Blend. Runners-up: Chick-fil-A . . . then McDonald’s McCafé Premium Roast Coffee.
3. The Best Cheeseburgers: Culver’s Double ButterBurger with Cheese. Runners-up: In-N-Out’s Double-Double . . . then Sonic’s SuperSonic Double Cheeseburger.
4. The Best Fried Chicken Sandwiches: Burger King’s Ch’King Sandwich. Runners-up: Popeyes’ Chicken Sandwich . . . then KFC’s Chicken Sandwich.
5. The Best Spicy Chicken Sandwiches: Popeyes’ Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Runners-up: Burger King’s Spicy Ch’King . . . then KFC’s Spicy Chicken.
6. The Best Fish Sandwiches: Popeyes’ Classic Flounder Fish Sandwich. Runners-up: Arby’s King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe . . . then Long John Silver’s Wild Alaska Pollock Sandwich.
7. The Best Tacos: Del Taco’s “The Del Taco”. Runners-up: Taco Bell’s Crunchy Taco . . . then El Pollo Loco’s Chicken Taco Al Carbon.
8. The Best Chicken Nuggets: Arby’s Premium Chicken Nuggets. Runners-up: Popeyes’ Nuggets . . . then Chick-fil-A’s Nuggets.
9. The Best Fries: Arby’s: Curly Fries. Runners-up: McDonald’s . . . then Chick-fil-A’s Waffle Fries.
10. The Best Onion Rings: Sonic’s Hand Made Onion Rings. Runners-up: Whataburger’s Onion Rings . . . then Culver’s Onion Rings.
11. The Best Fast Casual Cheeseburgers: Shake Shack’s ShackBurger Single. Runners-up: Five Guys . . . then Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.
12. The Best Fast Casual Fried Chicken Sandwiches: Zaxby’s Signature Sandwich. Runners-up: Fuku’s O.G. Sando . . . then Shake Shack.
13. The Best Fast Casual Fries: Five Guys Style Fries . . . Runners-up: Shake Shack’s Crinkle Cut Fries . . . then Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.
14. Menu Item of the Year: Taco Bell’s Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco.
15. Most Valuable Pickle (MVP): Burger King’s Ch’King.