Spend a Long Weekend in the Soda City
Columbia was just voted one of the top 18 cities in the US to spend a long weekend! The MSN article had this to say about the Soda City:
If Charleston is Marcia Brady, Columbia is Jan. But that’s fine by us. As Soda City experiences its urban revival, we’re fine keeping this best-kept secret to ourselves. With old gems like the Robert Mills House & Gardens and Lula Drake, a cozy, historic wine bar, this super-walkable, charming city feels like a small-town getaway within a big city.
Where to stay: The brand-new Aloft Columbia Downtown is walking distance to everything.
I asked you to tell me what suggestions you would give to people visiting Columbia for a long weekend on the Radio Edit Show Facebook page. You can still post yours, and I’ll add to this list. Here’s a few of mine:
- Hit up Papa Jazz if you’re into vinyl.
- Try an escape room at The Final Door.
- Check out Gorget Distilling or Copper Horse for samples of local spirits.
- Grab a flight at any of our local breweries. My faves are Angry Fish, Twisted Spur & Swamp Cabbage.
- The Riverbanks Zoo is a must.
- Our state museum is great- make sure to see the planetarium!
- Head to Motor Supply, War Mouth, or Bourbon for delicious food and craft cocktails.
- For a caffeine fix, head to Loveland Coffee. You can even bring some home with you!
- Brunch at Cafe Strudel or Bone-In BBQ
- Catch a Fireflies game.
- People watching and drinks at Art Bar.
- Poutine and cocktails at Goat’s.
- If you’re into art, the Columbia Art Museum is great!
- Catch some roller derby action with Columbia Roller Derby, the Columbia Junior Rollers, or the Carolina Wreckingballs.
I could seriously go on and on. This is a great city, and I think you need more than a long weekend to experience everything great that our city has to offer!