Every song comes from some sort of inspiration. But sometimes that inspiration is OTHER famous people. Here are 10 songs written with a celebrity in mind:
1. “Dude (Looks Like a Lady)”, Aerosmith . . . It’s about Motley Crue singer Vince Neil. Steven Tyleronce mistook him for a woman after seeing the back of his head.
2. “Heart-Shaped Box”, Nirvana . . . Kurt Cobain wrote it about Courtney Love’s lady parts.
3. “Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of”, U2 . . . It’s performed as a fictional conversation about suicide between Bono and INXS singer M
4. “It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over”, Lenny Kravitz . . . He wrote it about his divorce from Lisa Bonet.
5. “You’ve Got a Friend”, Carole King . . . She wrote it for James Taylor, in response to his song “Fire and Rain”, to let him know he wasn’t alone.
6. “Lovebug”, Jonas Brothers . . . Nick Jonas wrote it about Miley Cyrus. They dated when they were teenagers.
7. “Hollaback Girl”, Gwen Stefani . . . This one was also about Courtney Love, but not her lady bits. Courtney had allegedly criticized Gwen as a “cheerleader”. So the song was her response.
8. “I Kissed a Girl”, Katy Perry . . . Katy was inspired by seeing a photo of Scarlett Johansson in a magazine.
9. “Style”, Taylor Swift . . . Taylor wrote it about her former relationship with Harry Styles.
10. “Obsessed”, Mariah Carey . . . It’s about Mariah’s feud with Eminem. He apparently claimed they had dated, even though she denies it.
(See more at Cracked.com.)