The Top 5 Foods I’m Addicted To
What’s the one food that if put down in front of you, you wouldn’t be able to stop eating? If you said pizza, collect a pie as your prize.
According to a study of 518 participants by researchers at the University of Michigan, a slice topped the list of the most addicting foods.
Rounding out the top five were chocolate, chips, cookies and ice cream, while dinner rolls came in at lucky number 13, sandwiched between fried chicken and popcorn.
Experts say the amount of processing the food undergoes can predict how addicting it might be, revealing the ingredients activate the pleasure centers in our brains.
So what are my top 5 favorite/addicting foods? Here’s my list:
- Pizza- just a NY style extra pizza is all I need, but I CRAVE it.
- Popcorn- if I just smell popcorn, I have to have some or it’s all I’ll think about until I get some. The movies are torture if I don’t eat my weight in buttery popcorn.
- Cheese- I haven’t met a cheese I don’t like yet. I make cheese boards my meal sometimes. Cheese is the best.
- Ice Cream- if I’m going to eat dessert, my choice is ALWAYS ice cream. I love cookies and cream, or soft-serve with a dip on it- the Dreamsicle Dip at DQ is delicious!
- Bread with butter or oil- I could make a whole meal out of bread with butter or herbed oil, and I have many times.
- Pasta- I love pasta, with pesto, marinara, alfredo, just butter… doesn’t matter. I love a good al dente noodle!
- Cereal- it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snack, etc. I love cereal… not all cereal but most cereal. My favorites: Captain Crunch Oops All Berries and Froot Loops.
This list just tells me that: I love food, especially carbs and dairy. That’s probably why I can’t lose weight… LOL