In the immortal words of the Red Hot Chili Peppers: Give it away, give it away, give it away now! Today is National Give Something Away Day! Most of us have the benefit of having more than we need. National Give Something Away Day on July 15 gives us an opportunity to share some the extra things in our life. It’s your chance to do something nice for someone else or purge your junk of the things you don’t need!
Here are some ways to observe this day:
- Consider paying for the coffee of the person behind you in line.
- Clean out your closet or garage and make a donation.
- Donate to the local food pantry or little library.
- Volunteer your time or skills.
- Teaching someone a new skill.
- Create gift baskets for shelters.
- Make a donation to a charity
- Give blood
- Spend time with someone who may be lonely or needs some quality time